Gutenberg Editor is shipped with WordPress since version 5.0. You can create custom block with Gutenberg easily thanks to plugins like LazyBlocks or Block Lab. With this powerful tool, we can get rid of bloated Page Builders such as Elementor, Visual Composer…by building our own blocks library (Oxygen Builder stands out from crowd).
Gutenberg Editor doesn’t need jQuery v1.12.4 (packed with WordPress), so you can remove this script to get some performance. In order to find a theme which works flawlessly with Gutenberg I set some criteria:
- Theme must be lightweight
- Theme must not depend on jQuery
- Theme must have full-width template, so we can make our own page from scratch..
Not much theme meet my criteria, Suki Theme is one of them:
- Extremely Lightweight and Incredibly Fast
- Suki only needs 2 HTTP requests (1 CSS and 1 JS files) at very small size on front-end which surely reduces load time.
- Suki doesn’t even need jQuery on front-end. It only uses Vanilla JS which is faster and costs you zero bytes to load.
- Unlike icon font that requires a lot of resources to load (CSS and font files), inline SVG icons are slimmer and faster.
- Front-End is less then 15 KB size only.
To get the most from Suki, you should consider buying Suki Pro which has lots of extra features:
- Header Elements Plus
- Vertical Header
- Transparent Header
- Sticky Header
- Alternate Header Colors
- Header Mega Menu
- Footer Columns Width
- Custom Blocks (Hooks)
- Custom Fonts
- Custom Icons
- Preloader Screen
- Advanced WooCommerce (Products Search on Header, Off canvas product filters, Quick view popup…)
- White Label